Bring on The Joomla Magic
Joomla Templates put website creation in the hands of small business. With a few keystrokes you can create a brand page, update a contact page ,write a blog post or deploy a new menu quickly and easily. Joomla is free, and you don't need to know how to code or run a server to have a website. With Shaw Website Design Group providing your Joomla template with the connections, schema markup and proper resources, your products and services will be seen and your message will be heard.
Joomla templates provide a flexible way to launch your creative message at a price that has true market value.
Video What is Joomla (2 minutes 1 second)
Shaw Website Design Group connects you to Joomla
What is Joomla?
Joomla is an award-winning content management system (CMS), which enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications. Many aspects, including its ease-of-use and extensibility, have made Joomla the most popular Web site software available. Best of all, Joomla is an open source solution that is freely available to everyone.
What's a content management system (CMS)?
A content management system is software that keeps track of every piece of content on your Web site, much like your local public library keeps track of books and stores them. Content can be simple text, photos, music, video, documents, or just about anything you can think of. A major advantage of using a CMS is that it requires almost no technical skill or knowledge to manage. Since the CMS manages all your content, you don't have to.
What are some real world examples of what Joomla! can do?
Joomla is used all over the world to power Web sites of all shapes and sizes. For example:
- Corporate Web sites or portals
- Corporate intranets and extranets
- Online magazines, newspapers, and publications
- E-commerce and online reservations
- Government applications
- Small business Web sites
- Non-profit and organizational Web sites
- Community-based portals
- School and church Web sites
- Personal or family homepages
Who uses Joomla?
Here are just a few examples of Web sites that use Joomla:
- MTV Networks Quizilla (Social networking) - http://www.quizilla.com
- IHOP (Restaurant chain) - http://www.ihop.com
- Harvard University (Educational) - http://gsas.harvard.edu
- Citibank (Financial institution intranet) - Not publicly accessible
- The Green Maven (Eco-resources) - http://www.greenmaven.com
- Outdoor Photographer (Magazine) - http://www.outdoorphotographer.com
- PlayShakespeare.com (Cultural) - http://www.playshakespeare.com
- Senso Interiors (Furniture design) - http://www.sensointeriors.co.za
More examples of companies using Joomla can be found in the Joomla Community Site Showcase.