Graphic Design Services
Shaw Website Design Group brings out the Artist
Digital graphics is all around us—from ads in magazines and logos on coffee cups to tee shirts you see on the streets and political signs posted at election time. You will find that Shaw has a fantastic but very small, in-house graphic design studio that can work with both printed and digital media. That studio, if you must know, is I, myself and me.
You can rest assured that if I cannot personally perform a certain task due to hardware of printing constraints, I know someone close who can.
There are three things I strive for in every existing and new client relationship:
- Insuring a good solid design
- Keeping to agreed deadlines
- And making sure that I’m always easy to work with.
All of these things come from a solid communication and collaboration skill set.
To that end, I structure our new designs on 8 key stepping stones which use a modified Waterfall model.
These steps, in order, are:
Research: We will both work together to determining:
- The parameters of the problem
- Who is the audience?
- What constraints are there in format, budget and time.
- Focus on what is the true goal is.
- Gather and study all the related materials.
- Undertake market research on the design, whether locally or nationally.
- Start with thumbnail sketches
- Sketch out the base layout and alternative solutions.
- Very low detail but will visually bring out ideas to Critique
- Create three roughs using the sketches and add modular detail using shapes and colors.
- Present the roughs for review
- With agreed on rough design create a more precise model
- Basic functionality of the visual user interface is installed.
- Text and imaging are at the final approval stage.
- Storyboards, Cover art, Chapters and Flowchart design is now agreed on.
- If needed a presentation is made
Ready for Press Run One
- Project now goes into production
- The printed media that will not be affected by design changes is completed.
- Code and Verify Programming logic
- Insure functionality and adapt design if problems arise.
- Update design and Database
- Resolve any unforeseen issues.